Kano Budgets ₦40bn for Health Sector in 2026 — Commissioner

by TheDiggerNews

Kano: Kano State Government has proposed more than N40 billion for the health sector in the 2026 fiscal year, the Commissioner for Health, Dr Abubakar Labaran, has said.

Labaran disclosed this in Kano on Monday while defending the Ministry’s 2026 budget before the State House of Assembly Committee on Health.

He said the allocation was designed to consolidate ongoing reforms and strengthen healthcare delivery across the state’s 44 local government areas.

According to him, the ministry will begin recruiting over 2,600 new health workers from next week to address manpower gaps in hospitals and primary healthcare centres.

banner

He said that the planned recruitment would cover Medical Doctors, Nurses, Midwives, Environmental Health Officers, Laboratory Scientists and other critical cadres needed to enhance service delivery.

Labaran said priority in the 2026 budget had been given to the renovation of health facilities and the provision of state-of-the-art medical equipment to upgrade service capacity, reduce patient waiting time and improve emergency response.

“We are committed to rebuilding our hospitals and equipping them with modern technology that will ensure quality and efficient healthcare services for the people of Kano State,” he said.

The commissioner commended Gov. Abba Yusuf for what he described as sustained investment and unwavering attention to the health needs of citizens.

He said that the governor’s support had enabled the ministry to pursue key reforms aimed at improving maternal and child health outcomes, addressing disease outbreaks and supporting community-level health programmes.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

TheDigger News Menu:
-
00:00
00:00
Update Required Flash plugin
-
00:00
00:00